Overnight Oatmeal Porridge with Date Caramel and Chocolate Sauce
Kids love oatmeal porridges and many adults do as well. I have prepared around one hundred porridge cups while working as a private chef for “Almond Blossom Sanctuary Retreats Ibiza” – it was each group’s goodbye breakfast meal, served on the last morning before finishing their transformational holidays and heading to the airport.
By only mixing dates and water you end up with a delicious caramel-like cream. By adding cacao or carob powder to a part of the mixture you have another sweet, ‘chocolaty’ element to enhance your morning delights.
Both work perfectly in combination with the oatmeal porridge or when consumed as a sweet, simple, quick snack with some raw granola – Yum! 🙂
- 150 grams dates, pit out
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of raw cacao/carob
- 1 cup coconut water/ filtered water
- 1⁄2 cups of oats flakes
- 1 cup of oat milk
- fresh banana slices
- cacao nibs topping
- pinch of cinnamon
- granola topping
- Mix oats and milk in a bowl. Cover and let it sit overnight in the fridge or at cold temperatures.
- Prepare the date caramel by adding dates and water to a high-speed blender. When perfectly smooth take out half of the mixture and set aside.
- To make the chocolate sauce, add cacao to the blender and mix until well incorporated. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Add the oatmeal to a jar, top with the sauces and fruits. Serve immediately.
- Recipe featured in my E-book. 🙂