Raw Vegan Pizza with Veggie Crust
I would like to thank “Raw Food Magazine” from the heart for featuring my very first Raw Pizza recipe from a couple of years ago in their November 2016 issue. I was delighted to be selected among some truly amazing chefs, which inspired me on my journey.
Since I’ve been dedicating more time to creating raw pizzas, I thought it was time now for an update and a new recipe. This pizza with veggie crust was clearly a favourite during last summer’s yoga & meditation retreats – extremely tasty and very nutritious. 🙂
More veggies in the base and for toppings and a super yum tomato paste make this a pizza dream come true! Healthy, delicious and fun to share with friends and family.
- 7 ripe tomatoes, pulp (through juicing)
- 1 zucchini, pulp (through juicing)
- 1 red bell pepper, pulp (through juicing)
- 1 onion, pulp (through juicing)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup ½ ground sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp ½ dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 4-5 ripe tomatoes
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 15 fresh basil leafs
- 1½ cup soaked cashews
- 4-5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- himalayan salt to taste
- organic arugula
- black&white olives, core out
- cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- marinated mushrooms (optional)
- sprouts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients until everything is well combined. Press the dough gently onto the drying sheets of your dehydrator, creating thin and even layers. By keeping the layers extra thin you'll get a nice crunchy pizza base. Dehydrate at 40 degrees for about 12 h.* If your pizza base is thicker it may take a bit longer.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and mix until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Cut the desired amount of mushrooms in very thin slices. Place it in a bow and marinate overnight with some olive oil, tamari, lemon juice, minced garlic and ginger.
- Use other ingredients for assembly as desired.
- Have fun assembling and creating your pizza slices!
- *if you don't have a dehydrator, use your oven at the lowest temperature and with the oven door ajar.