Vegi Tales Coconut Cake
The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and regulated metabolism. It also provides relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, while helping to improve dental quality and bone strenght. 🙂
Because of the endless list of amazing coconut oil benefits and its multifunctional use I highly recommend using it as much as possible. One day very soon it will also become your best friend as it happened in my case. 🙂
- 150 gr sunflower seeds, finely grounded
- 150 gr coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 80 ml agave syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 bananas
- 260 ml coconut cream
- 200 gr macadamia nuts
- 130 gr coconut oil
- 80 gr agave syrup
- 2 vanilla beans
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dates / raisins
- 100 ml coconut cream
- Add all the ingredients and mix very well until you get a rough, sticky texture. Cover with transparent foil paper the bottom of an 8 inch cake pan and add the base mix leaving the sides empty.
- Peal and slice the bananas and add on top of the base trying to cover well all the sides. Set aside in the fridge.
- Soak the macadamia nuts for 2-5 hours. Drain and rinse well and add them to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the filling on top of the bananas, trying to create a plane surface using a silicon spoon.
- Place the cake in the freezer for about 2 hours until it gets firm when touching.
- Add dates & coconut cream in the food procesor and pulse for about a minute. Add the caramel on top of the cake and place it in the frizer again until firm.
- Use coconut flakes for decoration.
- Don't forget to add first the transparent foil paper to the bottom of the cake pan. It will be easier to get the cake out when ready.