Raw Banana Crepe Rolls
Looking through old pictures the other day I got reminded of these really yummy raw banana crepe rolls which brought back some very happy memories. The texture of the dehydrated crepes is just incredible and it’s a very comforting dish as well, perfect to prepare at home as we approach holiday season. I intend to update this post with new and more pictures soon – I just felt like I had to share it with you already. 🙂
This recipe can be easily adapted to the ingredients you have at home – you can top it with a good amount of fresh fruits, marmalade, cashew vanilla cream and / or some melted, homemade chocolate. You will need bananas for creating the crepes that hold everything together.
It can be a nutritional breakfast or dessert, or even a snack for in-between meals, and kids are going to love it too. 🙂
So here are my raw banana crepe rolls made with fresh fruit, strawberry marmalade and crunchy granola!
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2-3 pears, cut in small cubes
- 2-3 handfull ripe strawberry
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- Oatmeal granola/ other crunchy granola
- Blend all ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds or until well combined. Divide the "banana dough" in half and spread evenly across 2 dehydrator sheets forming a thin layer. Dehydrate at 40 °C for about 8 h. Your crepes should come off the sheet easily.
- Wash & cut the strawberries and add them to a frying pan together with the coconut sugar. Cook for about 10 minutes while stirring until a lovely delicious marmalade texture is achieved. The longer you cook the thicker will be your marmalade, so adjust texture as desired and set aside with other ingredients for assembly.
- Form your banana crepe rolls with the pear filling inside and use all toppings to decorate your dish as desired. Enjoy!
- For the banana crepes you need a dehydrator and the teflex sheets.