Raw Vegan Sandwich
When I get in the kitchen I always have an idea about what I would like to prepare but almost always the final result is much more than that.
Because I have daily a fresh fruit juice, using the slow machine, this time I felt I needed a change and skipped it for a different one with tomatoes.
After preparing it and saw the pulp remained suddenly I taught hmmm why not to use it and make a raw flat bread? 🙂 Easy, healthy, deliciously tasty and no dehydrator required. I have used my oven slightly open and above 50 degrees C.
I hardly recommend making use of your juice pulp. Just go with the flow, be creative and amazing foods will end up on your plate.
- juice pulp (tomatoes, red bell pepper, celery, fennel, basil, coriander)
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 cups flax seeds, grounded
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 avocado
- ½ tomato
- 2 radicchio
- ½ cucumber
- 2 salad leaves
- few coriander leaves (decoration)
- almond cashew cheese
- 1 handfull almonds
- 1 handfull cashews
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- ¼ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tbsp salt
- RAW VEGAN FLAT BREAD
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl until you have created a normal firm dough.
- Then place your dough on a sheet on a baking tray, spreading it even and as thick as you like. Mine was about 0.5 cm thick. I don’t have a dehydrator yet (fingers crossed that this will change soon ☺) so I used my oven, leaving it slightly open and at about 45-48 degrees °C for 5 hours flipping sides after 2.5 h.
- If you like it crispier just continue dehydrating it for another 2-3 hours or depending on the thickness you went for.
- Cut all the ingredients in thin slices except the leafs.
- Almond Cashew Cheese
- Soak the almonds and cashew nuts for a minimum of 2 hours or ideally overnight, if possible. It is important to do so because soaked nuts are much easier to digest and their real life force “awakens” through soaking.
- Once they’ve been soaking long enough drain them and place all in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients, adding water as needed to get the desired consistency. I added about ¼ cup water.
- Be creative when assembling your rawmazing sandwich! I started with cucumbers as a first layer, then adding radicchio, avocado, tomato and coriander leafs. I chose to have my freshly made “cheese” on top but this is entirely up to you.
- The ingredients for the bread filled a standard baking tray and after the sandwich I still had some left for another delicious creation, a raw pizza.. I loooved it! Stay tuned, my raw pizza recipe is coming very soon! ☺
- Take care and eat healthy <3