Red Beetroot Hummus
Red beetroot is one of the most recomended vegetables and one of my favourites as well. Because of its high content of sugar & carbohydrates I wouldn’t recommend consuming it every day, but 2 to 3 times a week and you will benefit from all the nutrients that this amazing vegetable contains.
It is a good source of vitamin C, iron and magnesium, and a very good source of dietary fiber, folate, potassium and manganese.
A little tip for the ladies: consuming raw beetroots a week before your menstruation will help relaxing your muscles and relieve the PM symptomps. 🙂
Red Beetroot Humus
Delicious healthy snack
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 500 gr chickpeas
- 2-3 organic beetroots
- 4 tbsp raw tahini paste
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cup veggie broth
- Soak the chickpeas overnight for about 8-9 hours. Drain and rinse. Place the chickpeas in a big pot and cover with water. Cook for about 55 minutes until soft.
- Most of the time I try to use the beetroots raw but if you prefer to cook it's still great. Cut in small pieces covering in aluminium paper and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the veggie broth (1 cup) in the food procesor and mix for about 1 minute. Add more broth if needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well for another 5 minutes or as much is needed to get the perfect smooth texture.
- You can serve the red beetroot hummus with different kinds of finger veggies such as celery, carrots, turnip cabbage.
- Bon apetit!
- For a smoother texture remove the skin of the chickpeas after boiling and before adding them to the food procesor.
Vegi Tales https://vegitalesibiza.com/
Be the first to comment.